Oh, and I've managed to keep my weight! Mainly due to the fact that I can use my step machine while watching already mentioned tv-shows and also because I've been able to keep my eating healthy and balanced (letting myself have yoghurt ice cream and dark chocolate from time to time, while making up for it by eating lots of fruit and vegetables and avoiding to eat between meals - yay for me!(I am a bit proud). So at the moment I'm at 62,7 kilos, which is 11,6 kilos less than in January. My waistline has gone from 103 cm to 86 cm, so that's 17 cm less. To be within what's healthy for a tiny woman like me, I should still lose 6 cm, but the weight is okay. More importantly, I'm still not in very good shape, I tend to be a bit on and off about my motivation when it comes to working out, but I'm getting better. My goal, after all, is to be in better health, to stabilize my mood and improve my immune system.
Yesterday I started a new work-out program from a magazine I read. It's a program that helps strengthen the muscles that support the body which is something I really need considering my genetic heritage when it comes to back and pelvis. In addition to this, I'll be doing my stepping in intervals - One minute as fast as I can, two minutes regular stepping. Did that yesterday and it felt great, I need the extra challenge, since I usually just walk for half an hour on it. Eight months ago, that was enough to make me feel as though I would die, but now I just get warm. Which is good, I guess ;)
The same magazine had an article called "100% happiness", that was about research within positive psychology - how to think and act to be happier. It was long and I didn't agree with all the things in the article, but I think it's important to remember that how happy we are is something we can actively affect by changing our attitude and patterns of behaviour. One exercise the article suggested to be aware of the good things in your life and think positively, was to list three things for which you're grateful, everyday. (No repeating the same things from day to day, and try to be specific instead of just listing vague notions like family or work.)
Today,
I'm grateful that I feel motivated when it comes to exercise.
I'm grateful that I have a really good physiotherapist.
I am grateful that I woke up feeling quite all right today (rather than with a headache as I did on Sunday and Tuesday)
Feel free to feel "tagged", I'd love to hear what makes other people thankful.
Oh, and I've knitted a bit these past two months as well! Finished a Sheldon assignment for (deep breath in) my brother's girlfriends's father's girlfriend's daughter's newborn baby (wow, that's long). I used a cotton-acrylic blend that's really soft. Here it is:

Also, I finished a pair of socks in the loveliest silk yarn from Regia. The pattern is My Purple Dream, from NorwayKate on Ravelry, here's her blog, and you can find the pattern on the right hand side, under "Mine mønstre/my patterns". I used 1,5mm DPNs and knit the cuff over three needles instead of four, to fit my tiny feet. The lace pattern is easy to remember, but not too boring:



4 comments:
Så fine de sokkene var :) Jeg må få tak i noe ensfarget garn så jeg kan strikke noe annet en helt enkle sokker jeg og.
Takk :) Regiagarnet jeg har brukt her har de på Snarby Strikkestudio i byen. Det er ganske dyrt (tror det var 51 pr nøste), men utrolig mykt og herlig. Jeg ønsker meg også mer ensfarget sokkegarn - mønstrene kommer så fint frem i det! :)
So, so glad you're back to blogging!! and Hooray for your beautiful socks!
I am grateful:
1. That I've met such nice people on the internet
2. That I have a soft soft cat to live with me who has played so hard this morning that she just fell asleep on the middle of the floor on top of her catnip mouse!
3. .....(thinking...)...(thinking...)... hmmm it's hard to think of a third one! OK - I'm grateful that it's the weekend!
*hugs*
I'm glad to be back too, I've had a dry spell of knitting and blogging for quite a while, but now I've gone completely knitcrazy - three hats in four days! :O Off to update blog now ;)
Post a Comment