Wednesday, 20 August 2008

I have curtains!

So, I got my new curtains today, and wow, did they make a difference! The apartment is a whole new place, and I love it :) Here are some photos:










As you can see, I have quite big windows. It's great when it's dark up here, I'll get a lot more light that I would have gotten otherwise. I love my living room. I'll post some more photos of the apartment later on. Since almost everything is in order now, I plan on having a housewarming party the 30th of August, I think it will be great fun!

I haven't knitted that much lately, but I've been guiding, reading, watching ER, and living happily and relaxed. I did make some new socks, though! A new pair of Uptown Boot Socks from the book Favourite Socks:





ETA: The yarn is 100% merino, Sock Yarn from Midnightsky Fibers, the dye is called Windswept Lilac.

3 comments:

Guri said...

Så koselig du har det :) Sokkene var fine, jeg har den boka men har ikke strikket noe fra den ennå. Kanskje på tide?;)

Unraveling Sophia said...

LOVE the new apartment! The light shining through the curtains is beautiful!

Your socks are cool too - what yarn did you use?

I'm sending you a little box now that you're settled in. Do I have your new address? Please PM me!

ziarah said...

Guri:Takk :) Jeg fryder meg over å endelig være på plass nå og begynne å få ting i orden.

Min sånn bok hadde masse trykkefeil, så jeg har bilder av to mønster som ikke står blant oppskriftene - litt irriterende! Men akkurat Uptown Boot Socks går jeg helt klar god for! Den er lett og det blir veldig fine/gode/elastiske sokker av det. Men du bør være glad i å lage fletter ;)

Sophia: Thank you! I have a wonderful view out over the city and lots of light coming in - I really do love this apartment.

The yarn is sock yarn from Midnightsky Fibers, 100% merino. That dye was called Windswept Lilac :)

You are so kind, btw, I'll send you my new address on Ravelry :) They have your Silver Dragon tea on sale at my local tea house now, they're going to stop selling it, so I thought I'd stop by once I get my paycheck and pick up a package or two for you before it becomes totally unavailable :)