Wednesday, 5 November 2008

Back to knitting again...

After having had a slow couple of months of knitting, I can't seem to think of much else lately. I started knitting with the wonderfully soft Malabrigo yarnnonni sent me again, and I've made myself a winter hat, along with a pair of gloves and a scarf. However, it all started with northern lights. I was on my way home one day and just saw these amazing northern lights dancing and wriggling over the sky. When I came home I was happy, with cold ears, and with the need to knit something green. While going through my stash, I found the balls of Noro Kureyon that ToriKnits sent me and a ball of blue-greenish Cascade Comfort from a bookswap I was in. I was soon hooked on the Fake Isle Hat-pattern and here are the results:



The two green ones will probably be Christmas gifts. The one in the middle is mine and it matches my Spirogyra wristwarmers (for warm days) and the Peekaboo mittens I've made (for cold days):




The only thing I would have changed when looking back, is the cuff - it is a bit too loose, I should have gone down a needle size on them. the scarf is just finished and since I'm at work I can't add photos of it until later - I'll take one of me wearing the whole set :)

In closing, I'll have to say that this is really a nice period to get knitcrazy in! Christmas is approaching and time flies - hopefully I'll get together some nice knitted gifts :)

5 comments:

Guro said...

Hei Ida! Imponeranes produksjon du har :), æ likte veldig godt de luen du har posta her. Æ har snekke i bloggen din før, da æ søkte på Tromsø på ravelry, visste av dæ gjennom foreldran dine, visste du kanskje det? :-)

ziarah said...

Hei Guro!

Har hatt en dauperiode med strikking der æ nesten ikke har lagd nokka de siste månedan, så nu va det godt å plutselig føle sæ inspirert! :)

Va ikke klar over at du visste kem æ va fra før, nei - Men ho mamma lurte på om du muligens het Hind til etternavn? Æ satt i dag og la til alle andre på Ravelry fra Tromsø og så litt på notebooks rundt omkring.

Ho mamma e forresten også på Ravelry - med ToveS som brukernavn - ho strikke både for hånd og på maskin.

Guro said...

Etternavnet stemme ja, trur nok mamman din jobba på prematur da æ fikk ho Erle, d e d første kjennskapet trur æ, men så huske æ ikkje kor æ har foreldran dine fra ellers, gjennom han Eivind Torp kanskje?

ziarah said...

Det kan godt hende :) Ho mamma har forresten starta egen bedrift - www.tovestrikk.no hvis du vil ta en titt. Hjemmesiden e ikke helt ferdig enda, men vi jobbe med saken ;)

Guro said...

Spennanes, fant ho på ravelry, så da at ho ikkje hadde blogg. Ska sjekke hjemmesida hennes. D e egentlig mye vanskeligere enn blogging.