Wednesday, 23 April 2008

Procrastinating is not good for me

Seriously.

I do not feel well at all. I have not been working out as regularly as planned (along the way it became easy, and when it became easy, it was all of a sudden not such a big challenge, and then I didn't do it every day like I meant to. Silly me). I have not gotten all my school work done. I have not been to all my classes. I have not followed my organized reading schedules. I haven't even been social to make up for the lack of seriousness. And I feel like crap because of it.

I have however rearranged all the furniture of the bedroom (read: my room), made countless to do-lists, watched an entire season of One Tree Hill, watched almost all the episodes of Moonlight, been sitting in front of my laptop browsing and surfing... I have read sport and work out magazines, I have worked in the book store and I have knitted. I feel good about the knitting. I'm almost done with the pink Sheldon for my godchild to be, I'm almost done with a pair of beaded wrist warmers, and I've knitted several squares for my Mindless Knitting Blanket... Still not done with anything yet, though. Oh, except for this tiny tiny baby beanie that's probably too small for any human-being anyway:




It was supposed to be a wrist warmer, turns out: the recipe was meant for elephants.

I am tired and I feel as though I'm weighed down by all these exams and essays that I have to be doing, and that I ought to have done already. I try to schedule my days the same way that worked so well during the Easter holidays, but I end up just sitting there... And feeling bad about it. Jeeze. I just need to pull myself together. Start doing something useful. THE PROCRASTINATION STOPS NOW! (...but only because I'm going to bed)

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh, believe me, I know that feeling! And really, there seems to be something to the saying that procrastination is like masturbation; in the end you're just screwing yourself. :P

Unraveling Sophia said...

Oh dear! I'm so sorry you're feeling badly, but you must consider that maybe you are having this 'down time' because you need it physically and emotionally? Maybe you needed to just relax for a while and maybe you didn't have the stamina to keep up the schedule 24/7. You do A LOT! Don't be so hard on yourself!

besides... a nice big box is coming your way and maybe it will cheer you up! It *should* arrive in a week.

PS - I love Moonlight!!