I have however found some time to adjust the length of two pairs of pants - first there was the jeans I bought a year ago, measured and cut off at the wrong length. They were way too short and I didn't have the patience, nor the time to do something about it, so they ended up in a cupboard, never having been worn and with both legs cut too short.
I kept the parts I had cut off as well, fortunately, and while watching House yesterday, I fixed it. It was hard, because they widened in the legs, and I only realized this after having done half of one leg. I managed to make one look as good as possible, the other has the seams looking kind of odd. It's not too prominent, though, and the pants are wearable.
So, I present to you, a) the good seam, b) the bad seam, c) both seams next to eachother and c) the finished jeans




Luckily, the bad seam is only on one side of one leg, the other three seams look good. Not so luckily, the bad one is on the outside of the leg, thus more visible. But my boyfriend said that it wasn't very noticeable unless you knew it was there or had very bright light focused on the exact spot of the seam ;P
The other pants I did were my new pants for exercise, which are insanely uncomfortable, but were like, 15 cms too long for me. I had to do them by hand because the material is very elastic and it wouldn't look good done by machine. Besides, my sewing machine is broken, so I'll have to go down to my parents' and borrow my mother's machine to do it (I have four pants waiting down there already, but I have to wait for her and I to have time at the same day, since she needs to take down one of her knitting machines to make room for the sewing machine...)
If I had only had legs that were 10 cm longer, I would be able to find pants that fit right away... I've only ever done so once or twice, so I'm used to adjusting the length at home, but I'm not really fond of sewing, because it requires so much... attention and planning - folding and measuring... and it takes a lot to get it right. Thus, I discovered the problem of the jeans' leg only after having done the first one wrong :P
To get back to the dry spell I was talking about - It's very rare for me. The last two years I've seldom gone more than five-six days without knitting. I have a few projects I need to finish that I really don't enjoy that much, so I guess that might affect me. One of them being the Binary scarf from knitty, in thin alpaca wool. It's not as much a challenge as it is very demanding, and slightly boring and repetative.
But it's the first knitted object my boyfriend has actually asked for, except a Sheldon-turtle that he later asked if I could make in Nintendo-turtle colours instead. But the first actual thing that he will wear. And he never wears anything hand made - He claims it itches. So yeah, I need to finish it, even though it is a painfully boring project.
I did however finish the socks I wrote about in my last post. Here they are:



3 comments:
Those socks are gorgeous. I love the colors!
Thank you <3 It is a mix of Opal sock yarn and Fabel sock yarn
Nice socks, indeed!
Post a Comment