Monday, 24 November 2008

Meme:

Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence as a comment on this post, or in your own blog along with these instructions.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

"They pointed and made squeaky noises and we laughed, everyone except Grandma, who pulled her shawl over her head"

-From Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt which a customer just wanted to buy, but then had forgotten her wallet, so it was left here with me :)

4 comments:

cynalune said...

À cette fin, le dimanche matin après la messe, elle "traîne" en ville en compagnie de deux ou trois copines du même milieu "simple" qu'elle, veillant toujours à ne pas transgresser la rigoureuse loi maternelle de l'heure( "quand je dis telle heure, c'est telle heure, pas une minute de plus").

That was quite a paragraph. It's from Les Années by Annie Ernaux.

NathKnits said...

Je compte sur vous pour m'aider et être très gentils avec lui.

From Le petit Nicolas, Sempé & Goscinny. Not even close to intellectual. I wonder why it's even in here...

ziarah said...

Yay for French books! ♥ We read Annie Ernaux at the university when I studied French and Le Petit Nicolas back in upper secondary school :) I speak French quite often, but it's been awhile since I last read a French book, I need to put that on my "to do"-list for the holidays :)

Papirkurven said...

Really a creative blog! Like your stuff!

I've only been doing Sign language for 1,5 years. Starting to get the logic of it, and I can communicate with deaf people, but yes, it's still difficult. But very very fun and intresting too!

I did not code my sites, I used frontpage *blush* I know a little, but just to litte about coding. Thanks for looking:)