Saturday, 3 May 2008

Spirogyra!

I just finished a pair of knitty's Spirogyra in the wonderfully soft yarn Sophia sent me this week.

Here are some photos:



Pattern adjustments:
- I went down one needle size and went with 3mm needles all through the pattern. I did not change needles for the wrist shaping.
- I started out with 36 sts instead of 48 and did 6 pattern repeats before placing the thumb.
- I did one pattern repeat over the palms before ribbing, instead of two.

The yarn is Manos del Uruguay's Silky Blend, colourway 3117.

2 comments:

Unraveling Sophia said...

that incredibly speedy - you are such a fast knitter!! They're beautiful. I must make a pair! :)

ziarah said...

Thank you - It's a wonder all the things one can get done when one is avoiding schoolwork ;) They are a really quick knit and feel great against the skin. I am halfway through another pair in Malabrigo Silky Merino right now :)