Monday, 24 March 2008

Lace knitting!

So it's been a loooong time since I had the chance to knit, but it's been even longer since last time I updated my blog. I have recently discovered lace knitting and finished a Kiri Shawl(.pdf-file):




I made it for my grandmother's 85th birthday and she even called and thanked me for it, telling me that she wears it all the time (We rarely speak on the phone, thus my surprised tone). Since I really liked knitting lace, I decided that I had to learn to follow a chart. I first knitted one Branching Out-scarf following the chart and the written instructions:



My aunt got it as a thank you-gift for letting me live at their house while in Oslo. And while I was on vacation I started knitting another scarf, this time following the chart only, as I had gotten used to. I'm about half way done with it now, but the photo was taken a bit before where I am now:




Hopefully I'll get to finish it in April. That's a little bit of news from my creative world, which unfortunately is severely limited these days and for a couple of weeks now... I need to catch up on my Latin, my mythology and my Spanish. However, I've been working really well the last week with structured work hours, time for healthy food and lots of breaks for walks outside and stepping to Daft Punk on my new Twist&Shape step machine :-)

I've also become completely hooked on the tea Purity from Tavalon Tea Bar. Stephanie506 from Ravelry has sent it to me twice now, I received a package about a week ago, and I'm already halfway through the box of tea! It's a blend with a detoxifying black tea, peppermint and ginger which has a very round and smooth taste.

4 comments:

Alice said...

They are gorgeous!

Jen said...

Beautiful work! I'm so happy for you that your grandma loved the shawl so much.

ziarah said...

Thank you so much, both of you! :)

CrocheterFrmCA said...

Lovely FOs. Its nice when our work is appreciated. I keep happy that whole day