I've had loads of tea, wine and Chinese food (not all at once, though), I've seen the Norwegian cult-movie-to-be Død Snø which the makers define as a nazizombiehorrorsplattercomedy. Very true to the genre, very entertaining (if you like that kind of entertainment.. not for the weakhearted or easily nauseated...) In other news, I've seen the last episodes of Dr.Who, and I'm now looking very much forward to the next two specials, and to seeing how Matt Smith will work as the 11th doctor. Going to miss David Tennant, though. Man, that is one hot actor... So much charisma! Other shows I've been watching a lot include The Middleman and The Big Bang Theory. I recommand both, but they might be what they call 'an aquired taste'. The Middleman has unfortunately been cancelled after just one season. A plan that is NOT sheer elegance in its simplicity, but still must have been done by evil supervillains. This is me being bitter, would have loved to see more of it.
Oh, and I've been drawing again, writing again. I feel creative, happy and productive. I also need to buy some lamps, I need better lighting for my new creative corner (smaller than the old one, but still works fine, except for the light). I'll post some photos when I've put up new lamp(s). Will probably have to wait for a while though, can't afford it until next paydate. In the meantime, here are some updates on my knitting.
I'm still working on the last pair of Whitewater Wristwarmers, in white baby wool. Same goes for the Gwynedd cable scarf, but I'm still very much motivated to finish and I'm enjoying the knitting - I've just been distracted - I'm almost done with a baby kimono, just need to do the seams and find ribbons:


Same goes for a baby bib, I just need buttons for it and it's done:

I've also started a baby cardigan, completely improvised, off the top of my head. Just need to buy more yarn (Debbie Bliss cotton cashmere), finish the few inches of the left front & both the sleeves, buy buttons and do the seaming:


While we're on the subject of knitting - I've received the loveliest stitch markers from Etsy and from Twitchy on Ravelry. I've just recently discovered how handy those little things can actually be, when knitting more complicated things. And they're so pretty! Yay ^_^
I also recently was the happy recipient of a swap package in the Single Knitter's Valentine Swap. Still pondering what to do with the lovely Malabrigo Baby Merino Lace Yarn.. Sooo soft, so pretty ^_^ Angua on Ravelry sent me this lovely package:


No comments:
Post a Comment